All Are Welcome
At NMSA, School Counseling is always evolving to meet the needs of high school students in today’s world. Currently, we offer support and services in response to the continued post-pandemic effects on teen development.
- Daily student check-in appointments on social, emotional, or academic needs
- Facilitate restorative justice sessions
- Offer one-to-one and short-term small group counseling as needed
- Referrals to on-campus mental health therapy and community wellness resources
- Homeless student liaison
- Lead Student Assistance Team
- Provide mandatory social and emotional learning (SEL) to students
- Suicide prevention (September)
- Substance abuse education (October)
- Bullying prevention (November)
- Consent and Title IV (December)
- Provide training to faculty on teen behavior and development, diversity, equity, inclusion, trauma-informed learning, and social and emotional learning
- Provide one-to-one consultation to staff and families as needed
I love working with this compassionate team and serving youth, as they grow and reach for their dreams in the arts.
Click here for mental, physical, and dental options in Santa Fe County.
Click here for a searchable website of statewide services.
Click here to apply for income assistance and Medicaid.