NMSA- AI has grown steadily over the last 11 years and is now entering a new phase of growth. We are seeking a dynamic, focused, race-equity-oriented, experienced development professional to apply analytical thinking, effective inclusive communication, and proven practices to building sustainability in our fundraising efforts.
The Annual Giving Director oversees annual fundraising initiatives throughout the donor pyramid, emphasizing gifts up to $10,000. The primary function of the position is to develop and execute annual fundraising plans, including the development of effective multi-channel appeals, donor-focused communications, cultivation and fundraising events, database management, and stewardship and prospect efforts.
We are looking for someone who:
- Works as a part of a team of development professionals and educators to support the mission;
- Genuinely believes in our mission;
- Is a results-based self-starter, able to work independently and within a team, entrepreneurial, high energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexible;
- Has the ability to attend to detail and has a high degree of initiative;
- Fosters authentic and professional relationships with all levels of stakeholders;
- Successfully communicates and executes new ideas and proven best practices in fundraising;
- Enjoys picking up the phone and talking to donors as we believe in building individual relationships;
- Has a minimum of 4 to 6 years of successful fundraising experience in the not-for-profit space;
- Has a proven track record of successfully maintaining and growing individual giving programs;
- Has an affinity for leveraging technology to enhance processes and relationships;
- Uses data and reporting to drive strategy and cultivation efforts;
- Works independently yet collaboratively and multi-tasks with ease; and
- Has the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.